When Isaac returned home from the summer gathering, he was noticeably different. We all went out to dinner, eager to hear his report. Isaac captivated us for three hours, enthusiastically describing each day, recounting conversations, and telling us about the new connections he made with scholars and Directors…all without touching his food (serious stuff).
We’re obviously proud of the person Isaac’s become, his high school achievements, and his unbelievable college opportunity. As parents, we’re as excited about Isaac participating in your foundation as we are about where he’s going to school. In many ways, we’re more grateful.
Thank you for:
• Orchestrating a “life-changing weekend” – Isaac’s words.
• Teaching Isaac the importance of the long view…a scarcity in our society.
• Dedicating your personal time in mentoring…this is more valuable than the scholarship.
• Giving him inspiration and courage to enter college with a sense of freedom.
• Encouraging him to pursue a major that he’s passionate about vs. one tied to money.
• Sponsoring Isaac’s tuition, providing him time to develop life skills and a career.
Having raised three kids in Oklahoma public schools, we have been witness to some of the worst educational neglect in the nation. Thank you for providing a creative, market-based, long- term solution that isn’t tied to feckless politicians.
We are so excited for Isaac, your foundation, and the wonderful ways 1 for 2 scholars will change the world. You’re creating an army of humanitarians. We’re fully supportive of your mission and we couldn’t be more appreciative. If you’re ever in Tulsa, please let us know.